- What was the most enjoyable part of your studies?
- Why did you choose to study those subjects / courses / degree?
- How did your result fit in line with your expectations?
- Why did you decide to leave education at that point?
- What game plan have you set yourself since leaving education?
- Why did you pursue that position of employment?
- What did the role entail and what responsibilities did you have?
- Why did you decide to leave that position?
- Why did you make a career change?
- Do you feel that you have ever gone beyond your job description to exceed a manager’s / customer’s expectation? Tell me about that time.
- When was the last time that you got frustrated?
- Give me an example of when you feel that you have been a hard-worker in relation to your day-to-day duties.
- What things have you initiated in order to make your job easier? If nothing then what would you change about your present role to make it easier?
- Tell us about a time when you have gone out of your way for a colleague or customer.
- What has been your most creative achievement at work?
- Which individual have you found most difficult to communicate with in your working life? How did you overcome the situation?
- What qualities are essential to have an effective team?
- Tell me about a time when you have resolved a conflict within a group. From where did the conflict originate?
- Describe the best / worst boss that you have ever had. In your opinion, what is the manager’s role within a team?
- When was the last time you disagreed with your boss? Describe the situation and how it was resolved.
- Do you prefer working in a team environment or on your own? What are the pros and cons of each environment?
- What preparation did you do for this interview?
- In your working role, what tools do you use to keep yourself organised?
- Tell me about a time when you have had too much to do but not enough time. How did you organise everything to get all the tasks done?
Honesty and Integrity
- What was the biggest mistake you have ever made? What did you learn?
- When was the last time you told a lie or were dishonest in a situation?
- What was the last thing that surprised you?
General Concluding Questions
- What aspirations do you have for the next two years?
- What motivates you?
- What are your strengths / weaknesses?
- Why do you wish to work for this company? What do you know about the company?
- Who do you see as the company’s main competitors?
- What qualities do you feel a successful consultant should possess?
- How do you measure up to that list?
- Why does this position interest you? What challenges do you feel this job will offer?
- Why should we give you this job?
Remember to let us know once you are finished with the interview so we can conduct a thorough debrief while it is still fresh in your mind. GOOD LUCK!